A weekly review of recently sold homes in Swarthmore PA and current market statistics.
There are 27 homes listed for sale in Swarthmore on August 26, 2015. No settlements are scheduled for this week.
College towns are often viewed as stable real estate investments, but how far your money goes can fluctuate greatly in some areas. Realtor.com® recently ranked more than 300 college towns by median home price to come up with the most expensive and least expensive places to live. Realtor.com® considered a “college town” where student residents number more than 5,000 and make up more than 20 percent of the town’s total population.
Realtor.com® found the following markets to be the most affordable college towns:
1. Munice, IN – Median home price: $77,900
2. Charleston, IL – Median home price: $81,500
3. Macomb, IL – Median home price: $100,900
4. Kirksville, MO – Median home price: $109,900
5. Big Rapids, MI – Median home price: $114,000
On the other hand, the following 5 college towns topped realtor.com®’s rankings as the most expensive:
1. Berkley, CA – Median home price: $849,000
2. Santa Cruz, CA – Median home price: $814,000
3. Boulder, CO – Median home price: $789,000
4. San Luis Obispo, CA – Median home price: $690,000
5. Cambridge, MA – Median home price: $685,000
How does the median home price in Swarthmore compare with these other college towns? The median selling price in Swarthmore year to date is $400,000.
*DOM = Days On Market
1 Swarthmore home went under contract
No new listings came onto the market
No listings expired
2 listings were withdrawn from the market
8 homes are Under Contract at this time
1 Swarthmore home sold last week
|16 Oberlin Avenue||5||4.0||$680,000||08/21/15||81|
Swarthmore, PA 19081 Real Estate Update