A weekly review of recently sold homes in Wallingford PA and current market statistics.
There are 28 homes listed for sale – 22 Active listings and 6 Active Under Contract listings – in Wallingford PA and Nether Providence Township on September 14, 2021 with an average asking price of $418,100.
The housing market continues to be active as eager buyers are ready to seize opportunity, submitting offers quickly as homes list and keeping for-sale inventories low. Thus, the new listings metric is a key number to watch. Sellers can still expect near-record prices and quick home sales, while buyers are likely to find greater availability of smaller homes for sale, good news for first-time buyers shopping in this segment.
- The median listing price grew at 8.3% over last year, a sixth consecutive week of single-digit price growth after a 50-week streak of double-digit price growth. While the slower rate of growth is good news for buyers, the median asking price in August was near its record-high July level of $385,000. A shift in the mix of homes for sale toward smaller, more affordable homes should help hold down the growth of prices and create opportunities for homebuyers this fall, particularly first-time purchasers.
- New listings–a measure of sellers putting homes up for sale–slipped 8.1%. Housing market trends have improved for buyers largely because we’ve seen more homeowners listing homes for sale this year compared to last. In 20 of the last 24 weeks, we’ve seen more new sellers than 2020 and the gap with a more ‘normal’ 2019 pace has shrunk considerably. This week’s slip could be a temporary set-back as a more normal end-of-summer and back-to-school pattern emerges. This is a figure we’ll watch closely over the next few weeks.
- Active inventory continues to fall short and is down 24% from a year ago. An expanding number of new listings had helped stem overall inventory declines, but this week’s slip put that improvement on pause. After shrinking for 21 weeks in a row, overall inventory declines steadied this week at 24 percent. Buyers are still actively looking for homes, ensuring that homeowners deciding to sell will see interest.
View all Nether Providence Twp Homes For Sale
View all Homes Listed In The Last 7 Days
2 Wallingford PA homes went under contract
4 new listings came onto the market
No listings were withdrawn from the market
No listings were temporarily taken off the market
1 listing expired
39 homes are Under Contract at this time
4 Wallingford PA homes sold last week
|214 Moylan Avenue||SNG||4||3.0||$670,000||09/07/21||6|
|447 Manchester Avenue||SNG||4||2.1||$470,000||09/07/21||4|
|768A Putnam Blvd||CONDO||2||1.0||$137,500||09/08/21||4|
|20 Brookside Road||SNG||3||3.1||$650,000||09/08/21||11|
3 homes sold with a Seller Assist:
– 214 Moylan Avenue – $9,750
– 447 Manchester Avenue – $2,000
– 20 Brookside Road – $3,000
Wallingford PA Real Estate – Wallingford, PA 19086