There are always buyers who need to purchase a home regardless of the time of the year. What varies is the number of buyers in the market at any given time. It is true that buyer activity will slow during the Holidays, but it will not stop. During this time of the year home sellers will ask – Should I take my home off the market for the Holidays?
In my opinion if you are serious about selling your home it should remain on the market during the Holiday season. The bottom line is your home will not sell unless it is available for buyers to see!
Here are some of the reasons that your home should remain on the market in the upcoming weeks:
– Did you know that more corporate relocation takes place in January than any other time of the year? Relocating families often don’t have a choice in when they can leave for their new destination. The majority of these families have children and are more motivated to get their families settled in before either before the January semester begins, or to arrange for the move during spring break.
– At Christmastime, our culture focuses on family and the home. Allowing buyers to view your home during this most hospitable of seasons lets them better picture their own family life in a festive environment
– Inventory is at a low point – there is less competition from other sellers which increases the probability a home will sell
– Buyers who are looking during the Holidays are serious and motivated
– Most people take time off during the Holidays, giving them the opportunity to see homes
– Your home will probably never look as warm and inviting as when it is decorated for the Holidays. It is a great time to show it off to potential buyers
Wallingford PA Real Estate – Wallingford, PA 19086